When to worry about my baby's fever?

When to worry about my baby's fever
My baby's temperature is so high? Should I bring my child to the doctor? What should I do? Should I worry about my child's high temperature? 

When to worry about your baby's fever? Both viral and bacterial infections cause fever. Viral infection are usually less worrisome and show the following features. 

Facts about fever cause by viral infection
  • The fever comes on suddenly in a previously well child
  • The fever is usually very high (103 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit orally
  • The fever is easily brought down for a while using the methods listed in the article on how to treat your childs fever.
  • The child seems to feel better when the temperature is brought down


When the child have a viral infections, parents often say "I am surprised the fever was so high because my child does not look sick or act sick." 

The most common viral infection in your child's first year of life is called "roseola". It produce a very high temperature at 103 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit for about three days, but there are no other symptoms and the child does not appear as ill as the high fever would indicate. After the fever breaks, a faint, generalized, reddish pink rash appears and last for less than twenty four hours.

Facts about bacterial infection cause fever
While in a bacterial infection the temperature may not be as high as that of the viral infection, but the fever does not come down easily with the methods recommended for treating your baby's fever. Also, when your child has a bacterial infection, she acts sicker.

Mga Komento

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

SRA Verbal Form Test

Effect of Xylogel Oral Gel to Teething Baby

How to renew drivers license Non-Professional and Professional