Signs of Maintenance free battery turns bad

One morning, I turn the ignition on and the engine crank very weak but it can manage to start the engine. So I think my battery get discharged for some reason so I drive the car to work, its one hour drive and enough to recharge my battery to full. However, after work, on the parking I turn the ignition on and like this morning the engine crank more weak but can manage to start my engine. Driving home, put my headlight on high beam and I found something not normal. It goes dim when I open the power window and goes to normal after the operation. Also both air condition system and the radio is operational, but with no valid reason, my radio goes off.

It comes quick to my mind that I have some parasitic draw who use some battery amps when engine is off, so I did check all accessories, fuses and light one by one using a tester, I even take out my doom light suspecting this would be the cause. After all the electrical check up, I found nothing. I am now turning and suspecting a bad alternator, so I check it with the tester and its producing normal output, enough to recharge a good battery in five minutes. 

So finally battery check, and I found out that it can only have 10.58 volts enough power to start the engine. My battery comes featuring maintenance free that I was bought two years ago. Using a coin I unscrew to check the water inside and found it turns all black. Batteries is irreparable so buy new one and everything goes normal. 

I also learn from the battery man, that the life of a normal battery last for two years. He also told me that if I prefer a non-maintenance free battery, I need to refill it with distilled water in every 3 months. 


Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

SRA Verbal Form Test

Effect of Xylogel Oral Gel to Teething Baby

How to renew drivers license Non-Professional and Professional